maanantai 3. toukokuuta 2010

Spring time...finally.

Farming season is about to start in Finland. Last night temperature went under zero celcius degrees but days are getting warmer (today aprx. +15 on sun). This summer I´ll try to get more heat gathered. I have already put some stones around the vines and now I´m testing black plastic behind the rows. This might get 4-5 degrees more temperature on sunny days which can be critical difference to get something to harvest autumn time.

Some of my vines buds have started to swell. In Finland this is quite early awakening. Pinot Noir Precoce I´ll plant earliest at the end of may. Last year I was quite lucky that cold didn´t kill my Sprouts. Few plants started to make leaves very late which is sign of getting frosted on spring time. On vine cuorse I got good tips how to protect plants from cold. If I can find some shelter pipe, I may set it around my vines.

I´ll get some photos next week of the yard when there is summer time opening party.

2 kommenttia:

  1. Wow! You are great Man and do this! I want to grow grapes in Estonia.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Hey, where have ou gone? Blog some more...it is being missed!

    VastaaPoista